Sunday, September 5, 2010

1 month old!!!

WOW!! I can't believe Max is already a month old! This past month has been a whirlwind. So much and yet so little has happened. Max is defiantly growing. I took him to my work so I could weight him(don't worry I cleaned the scale and he was not around any germs) and he weighed 8lbs 9oz! Thats a pound more than when he was born and 2 pounds more than his lowest weight. He is also getting his personality. He is mostly a happy baby, unless he is hungry or you are changing his cloths. He is also becoming quite the observer. He loves the fan, his play mat, and his bouncy chair. His play mat and bouncy chair have colorful animals that dangle and he loves to stare at them. We have been doing "tummy time" daily and his neck is getting stronger :) Max also has a favorite game of spiting out his pacifier and getting mad and fussy till you put it back in and then spiting it out again. This can go on and on and on....

Scott went back to work on the 30th and has actually had a better week then he thought he would. His class is pretty well behaved and haven't given him a hard time yet. As for me and Max being home by ourselves, it started out kinda rocky. The beginning of the week Max did not sleep well(I guess the change of Scott going to bed early and not staying up with him). I feed him between 8-10 and then go to bed and Scott will get him to sleep. then Max usually wakes at 2ish and 5ish to eat again. I get up at these times, feed him and get him back to sleep. So I am up for a good hour to hour and a half each time. So my only real sleep I get is from 10ish-2ish. When Max gets up at 8-9am to eat we could stay up but the last few days I get him and we snuggle on the sofa and go back to sleep till 11ish. Thursday and Friday we had really good days and I was even able to leave the house with him. I just hope that this 3 day weekend doesn't mess Max up again.

Bath time has gotten so much better! He is really liking the bath in the sink. so much he even pooped all in the bath the other day! I yelled for Scott to come and help get the other side of the sink filled up while I tried to keep Max warm. Max was screaming and I was soaked, Scott was gagging as he cleaned Max's bath foam. It was quite funny. I wish we had video taped it.

Max also like to go out to restaurants :) Yeah!! We keep his carseat covered with a blanket and he will sit in his seat happy as can be, even if he is awake. He will usually fall asleep. We have been to Toots, Camino Real, Chuy's, Jim and Nicks and have not had a problem yet being out with Max.





1 comment:

  1. Can't believe Max is already a month old!!!! It goes sooooo fast! You all are doing great=)

    ReplyDelete