Sunday, July 3, 2011

11 months old!

Holy cow!  Our sweet little baby Max is now becoming a soon to be toddler!!  I got a little teary eyed the other day as I was watching him pull up on the couch.  I was just thinking about how much he has changed and all the new things he is doing.  He is so smart!  Max loves to make noises, I guess that is a boy thing.  He will growl, making a kissing noise, blow in your face.  If you make the noise he will mimic you.  He even makes noises that sound like words.  I told him the other day that that he is not allowed to play with the big glass candles and he made a noise that both Scott and I though was "yes I can". I can really tell he understands what we tell him.  If I say lets go change your diaper, he starts crawling towards his room.  He babbles all day long but still has not said mama. Also if the TV is on and there is clapping on the TV he will stop what he is doing and start clapping.  He has recently started to get a little risky when pulling up and is starting to walk along the furniture. 

Now that Max isn't nursing he has really become a fan of real food.  He will still eat his babyfood(I make it thick and chunky now) but wants what is on our plates.  So we are starting to let him eat more and more real food and less babyfood.  This is stressing me a little b/c I am not sure what to feed him.  We are the weird parents who want him to eat healthy, so no hotdogs, french fries, mashed potatos....  Breakfast and dinner are fine, but finding something for him for lunch is hard.  Expecially because he will be going back to daycare soon and we will ahve to send his lunch with him...... I am sure he will eat anything we give him because this boy LOVES to eat!!  He eats and eats and eats.  We thought he did eat a lot of food but when we are around others and they make the comment wow he eats a lot we know it is true.  For example for lunch eats equavalint to a jar of baby food, a thing of apple sauce, a little bowl of gold fish, and either a handfull of noodles or about a 1/4 a block of cheese.  Dinner is about the same amt of food but he also he eats off our plates.  Uncle Paul weighed Max at the produce stand the other day and said he weighed 19lbs 8oz.  I think he is definatly pushing 20lbs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment