Sunday, May 23, 2010

Florida!!!

Thursday evening when I got home from work Scott and I jumped in the car and headed south! My friend Erin was getting married in Destin on Sunday. We stayed the night somewhere in Alabama and got to Destin about noon on Friday. Erin rented a big beach house for her family and Scott and I also stayed there. It was very nice, across the street from the beach, and had it's own pool. We spent Friday by the pool and then Sat at the beach all day. I got some sun but spent most of the day under an umbrella(I still ended up burned in spots...as always). There was a large fraternity/sorority group that set up a giant slip-n-slide that went into the ocean next to us. They walked up and down the beach getting people to come and try it out, of course the boys with us had to try it. There is a picture posted of Aidan running with a sorority girl(the only way he would run down....starting early) and one of Jayson(Erin's son) sliding down it.

A few of the girls from the hospital in Columbia came, so it was great to spend some time with them! Erin and I went to nursing school together...well part of it...and worked together for many years at the hospital.

Erin's wedding was on Sunday so that was a busy day! I helped Erin plan her wedding so when the big day came I fell into the roll of wedding planner/wedding coordinator. Erin's sisters decorated, and I made sure everything was running smoothly. Needless to say I did ask for help and had Scott doing a bunch of little things. The wedding was beautiful! Perfect weather and Erin was gorgeous! Scott had an adopted trial run son during the wedding, Aidan. He clung to Scott during the wedding and at the reception. Scott was like his makeshift daddy, it was great practice for him!

The reception went off without a hitch and after a lot of running around, taking pictures, setting things up I finally sat down and put my feet up. And it was much needed! My feet were the same size as my knees! I was extremely swollen, so yes I did overdo it, but all is well :) A big thank you to Erin, Casey, and all of the Terry family for a great time and getting to meet and spend time with all of you!!

I think max really took to the beach, I feel like he has really grown! My scrubs that I wore before going didn't fit when we got home!








No comments:

Post a Comment