Monday, April 5, 2010

Unexpected Dr Visit

As I have mentioned in my last few posts I have been starting to swell. Well this weekend the swelling got pretty noticeable and I was having 2+ pitting edema in both of my shins. that basically mean really bad swelling that when I push in on my shin there in a deep dent that takes awhile to pop back out. I have checked my blood pressure several times and it is normal 120's/low 80's. Scott was worried so this morning at work I had my BP checked again(it was 110/72) and weighed myself(I had gained 6lbs in one week). After that I called the DR's office and they wanted me to come in to be seen. So this afternoon I went in, my BP was 102/70. Dr Paschall agreed that I did have some impressive swelling and because my blood pressure was good she wasn't too concerned. She attributes my swelling to being on my feet alot(I do work 48-54 hours a week) and the weather getting warmer. She said I may just swell the whole time. She wants me to get some support hose and stay off my feet as much as possible. I did have some blood work done today, just to make sure there is no other cause for the swelling.

On a more exciting note I finally got to hear the heart beat for the first time!!! It was 152, which is great! Dr. P also did a quick ultrasound to make sure the baby looked alright and wow oh wow, she looks so big now! We didn't look for the sex again because that scan is on Wed.

Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment