Friday, June 25, 2010

Crazy week

I'll start this post on Sat (6/19/10). We went to a wedding that afternoon...Congrats Julie and Bryan! The wedding was beautiful. After the wedding we went to the reception and about an hour into the reception I started to have a little sharp pain to my left lower side of my abdomen. I waited a little while and it wasn't going away. I didn't think it was a contraction because it was constant and contractions are supposed to come and go. I had worked the previous 4 days in a row and was tired so I figured if I went home and laid down I would start feeling better. The reception was like 2 minutes from our house so I left Scott there and told him if I needed anything I'd let him know. I went home laid down for about 30 min and in this time the pain just got worse. I got really nauseated and almost threw up. I called and left a message for Dr. P and then called Scott and said we were going to the hospital b/c I shouldn't be hurting this bad. By the time I was leaving the house Dr P called back and she said it sounded like Max was sitting on some nerves and that is why I was having this sharp constant pain to just one area. She said to lay on my right side and try to get him to move, if not better to go to hospital. Well about an hour later almost back to new.


Sunday was my Shower in Eagleville. Aunt Jackie, Carol, Neen, and Aunt Glenda threw the shower for Max, Scott, and me. We had a good time and Max got quite a few goodies! Thanks again for everything from everyone!! I have just a few pictures because other people took the majority, but here they are.









Well after the shower I had dinner with my dad, Vickie, Kristen, and the kids for father day. Scott went out with his dad. We had toots(my fave!! Even though dad picked!) After dinner I came home and Scott got home not much later. About 7:30 I started having the pain again. I figured Max was just on my nerves again :) Well I tried everything, on my hands and knees, weird yoga poses, laying on my side..but no help. The pain was actually worse. After about an hour I tried to call the doctor, no answer. While attempting to call back I was hit by this sudden pain that knocked me to the floor and my whole body cramped up. I went running to the bathroom and barely made it as I vomited all over the bathroom(Please remember Scott does not handle puke). After that I got ahold of the Dr and she said got to hospital.
Now I was quite impressed with Williamson Medical Center. I went to the ER, got registered right away and was up in a OB room with in 15 minutes. They hooked me up to the monitor and saw right away that Max was fine, heart rate was great and no contractions. I left a urine sample which showed a lot of blood and a little bacteria. So the conclusion of a Kidney stone was reached and because I was no longer hurting the Dr said I could go home if I wanted. Needless to say we got the hospital about 9:45 and left by 12:30.
Monday and Tuesday felt fine no issues at all!! :)
Wednesday the day went good. I spent it inside enjoying the hot weather from the cool air conditioning. Wed night I had a little pain starting so I took a pain pill the dr sent me home with. It knocked me out! When I woke up Thurs morning I was still a little achy but I took some Tylenol and Scott and I headed to work. Scott works with me a few days a month. About 9:15 that morning I started hurting pretty good again. I called my boss to have her come in and then called Dr. P She wanted me to come to the office. The ride to the office was horrible! I was really hurting. I did take a pain pill along the way and by the time the doctor came in to see me I was felling a little better. However Dr P wanted to admit me, give my IV fluids, IV morphine, and do a ultrasound to check for kidney stones.
Now I have never been a patient so it has been a little different but I think I am being a good pt :)
Current update on everything- Renal Ultrasound showed no stones but my left ureter was dilated meaning I have passed a stone. I also have a little renal colic which can cause the same pain as a kidney stone. My clean catch urine was showing normal but after a in and out Cath(yeah that was fun) my urine showed a "ragin" UTI that oral antibiotics will not touch(at least not right now) so I am on IV antibiotics. UTI's can cause preterm labor so that is one reason IV antibiotics are a must. Dr. P said this morning that she wants to see the urine culture results and be on IV antibiotics for at least 24 hours. By the way she talked I will probably be here tonight too. I am feeling much better today. No pain. I slept great thanks to an ambien, Scott however didn't sleep well on the hard pull out chair. I'll do another post of anything changes. Oh and they check Max every shift and he is a trooper! Doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment