Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

The weekend began Friday night when we went to a surprise 50th birthday party for one of Scott's old teachers/current colleague/friend. Bruce was really surprised and there were a ton of people there! the night turned into a roast/praise of the great man he is! Happy Birthday Bruce!!
Saturday Scott and I headed to Nashville to see the play To Kill a Mockingbird. It was put on the Circle Players Theater. Tickets were only $15 each! The play was really good! It is a smaller theater group so I wasn't quite sure on how it would turn out but I was pleasantly surprised! Izzy also like the play...or she was restless....because towards the end of the play she was going crazy! Scott had planned before hand that because we were going to Nashville just to spend the night, so he names his own price on priceline and we ended up staying at the Marriott on west end @ Vanderbilt. The bed was super comfy!!! I didn't want to get out of it! The view was great too! It overlooked Centennial park and the Parthenon. For dinner we went Scott's Aunt Glenda for Dinner at PF Changs. It was yummy! After dinner we hitched a ride in the free shuttle from the hotel to downtown. After some walking around we ended up at Big Bang a dueling piano bar. It was a lot of fun and as always there were interesting people there to look at ;) IT was a great day, the weather was nice and it was fun to just get away for a quite night even if it was just 30 minutes away!

Sunday was Easter. After a nummy breakfast at cracker barrel(one of Izzy's fav's right now) we headed from Nashville to Eagleville to aunt Neen's house for Easter lunch. It was great seeing everyone all together. After lunch we stopped by Alan and Judy Balls to say hi and Happy Easter. Amy and Danny and Madison Claire were there so we gave MCK her Easter basket. They have taught her well she went for the card first before she even looked in the basket :) When we got home Scott did some weed killing while I am sitting on the sofa with my legs and feet propped up. They are really getting swollen. My blood pressure is ok and I feel good so I guess it is just part of this all.



The 7th is our big ultrasound!! Can't wait!! I'll update after our appointment!

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I love Priceline! I want to go on a trip just so I can get a good deal:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we love priceline, have used it several times and have never been dissapointed! My tip is search for hotel of a certain star(3 or higher) and see what hotels it narrows down and look on the map to see where they are located. Then name your price for the area and star you want and basically you know what hotel priceline has to choose from

    ReplyDelete