Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Fun Friday!! Year 2

Fall is my favorite season.  The smell of the air, color on the trees, apple cider, perfect weather...I could go on.  Anyways last year was Max's 1st fall so I decided to start Fall Fun Friday(FFF).  Last year he was so young so all we did was take pictures, play in the leaves, and carve our pumpkin.  This year I had bigger plans...until I woke up and it was cold and raining.  So FFF ended up being spread into 2 days.  On actual FFF Max and I made some sugar cookies.  He was actually really into helping.  He just didn't like it when I turned the mixer on.  Of course he tried to eat some raw dough as well.  I had to be the mean momma and stop him(raw eggs!).  While Max napped I decorated the cookies.  I should say Max decorated them, but no I am just that good of an artist :)
After cookies we carved Max's pumpkin.  We got his pumpkin a week or so ago from Uncle Pauls Produce stand.  When I cut off the top of the pumpkin was was amazed at the inside of it.  However he did not want to reach in it to get the guts nor did he want the guts on him.  He did help pick up the seeds one at a time to put in the bowl though.
Sat. afternoon it was sunny and not too chilly so we continued on with FFF, and it was even better because daddy got to come with us!  We went to Max's first pumpkin patch!  Lucky Ladd Farm is in Eagleville and is actually right across the road from Scott's mom's house.  We got to feed the animals, play in a corn box, go down the slide(many times bc Max loves a slide), go on a tractor train ride, and almost milked a cow...if only his arms were longer :)  Max had a great time!! 


Check back next year for another edition of Fall Fun Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment