Wednesday, December 15, 2010

4mo Dr visit


Today Max and I went for his 4mo dr. visit. He is up to 13lbs and 10oz putting him between the 10th and 25th percentile. He is also 24.5 inches also putting him between the 10th and 25th percentile. His head is 42.5cm and is in the 75th percentile for that. Basically his is growing well and steady but is a tad smaller than the normal baby his age and he has a big ole head :) Dr B was happy with his growth.


Max's circumcision looks good. Still with a small adhesion but Dr B said it looks like it is loosening up so no trips to the urologist yet. Hopefully we will not have to have it redone!!


Max has had a few dry patches of skin, I have bad eczema and am thinking thats what he has. Anyways Dr. B thinks he does have a little eczema but all we are going to do is keep him lotioned up.


As for teething the Dr said unless the gums are real swollen or there is a tooth he does not guess on them teething. But he did agree that Max's symptoms indicate that his teeth are moving.


Max has met all the milestones up to this point. Our next appointment is in Feb for his 6mo and the milestone we will be looking for is sitting up by himself or close to it.


I explained to Dr B about all of Max's eating issues and he feels that the dairy free diet is doing more for his acid reflux then the Zantac but wants us to keep him on the Zantac. Dr B also wants me to play around with how much Max eats out of a bottle. Just keep giving him milk until he won't eat anymore. I have issues with that. First I usually only pump about 4oz. I pump after he eats and that milk is what I use to top off his bottles so he gets 4 1/2oz. If he eats 6oz out of a bottle then I will never have enough milk. Second if he get's 6oz out of a bottle and only 4 out of me he isn't going to want to nurse anymore. According to the breast feeding calculator with Max's weight now he should be eating 4.5-5oz. So to me he is eating what he needs but I'm a little worried because he is a tad small and no matter how much I try to produce more milk I am staying at about 4oz. Curious to my breast feeding friends....how much is your baby eating out of a bottle? Any tips or suggestions?
Oh and Dr B said we could start Max on cereal if we wanted but we are choosing to wait till 6mo to start him on solid food.

No comments:

Post a Comment