Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day weekend

The weekend started out with Max's 1st swim lesson.  We are taking them every Sat morning in May at Patterson Park.  He loved it!  Our first lesson consisted of me pulling him through the water, playing in the shallow end, laying him on his belly and getting him to kick, laying him on his back and getting him to kick, and trying to get him "jump" off the edge of the pool into the water(my arms).  Max was a pro, not a single cry.  He was kicking and "jumping" into the pool!  Scott was afraid he would hate it, but Max loves a bath so I thought he would be just fine.


After we got home and Max got his morning nap I headed to Columbia to the Maury County Park so Max could ride the trains. They usually come once or twice a year and it is free for the public to ride.  We met up with my dad, Vicki, Kristen and the kids.  Luckily my dad has a few connections and we didn't have to wait in line to ride :)  About halfway through the ride(about 15-20min) it started to rain...I felt like mother of the year with my baby in a onesie and shorts out in the rain.  It didn't start raining really hard until we got off so we lucked out.  After the park we all went to cracker barrel for a little bite and then Max and I headed home.



Sunday morning(Mothers day) while we were getting ready for Church Max gave me my present.  I got a little charm for my mom necklace with his birthstone(exactly what I picked out...good job Max).  After Church we just had lunch then hung out at the house until Scott's mom came over and we had Toots for dinner.  Toots gives mom's a free piece of cheesecake on mother day :)


I truly enjoyed my first mothers day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment