Thursday, May 12, 2011

9mo Dr Visit

Yesterday Max had his checkup.  He is weighing in at 18lbs 6oz and is now 27 inches long!  He is still in the 10-25th percentile but now at the bottom edge of that.  I contribute that to his no longer eating milk out of a bottle or sippy cup, and on day's I am home is isn't nursing as well.  Dr. B wasn't concerned though.  He said if Max falls off the curve then we will worry.  Dr B does want us to push the Milk factor in the sippy cup.  No more water.  He also said I can stop feeding him all night along if I want.  I now have the Dr's permission I was wanting to just rock him back to sleep or let him cry some when he wakes up 3-5 times a night.  Scott has been telling me this all along, but I wanted the Dr to tell me :)




We also asked Dr B what foods Max can not eat.  I have read a lot of different things on what foods are DO NOT FEED UNTIL A YEAR OLD.  Here is a link to a AAP article. Dr B said the only foods at this point Max can not have are honey, eggs, and peanut butter.  If he is going to have an allergic reaction, he will, it does not matter his age.  By delaying the foods you are just delaying the reaction. So we are gonna start introducing some of those allergen foods(such as strawberry's).  Dr B also said that if Max weans himself from nursing before our next appointment we can start him on whole milk.....however I have a freezer full of BM so he will have to go through that before we start him on whole milk.

Max has met all of his developmental milestones and at his next appointment should either be walking or close to it.



Max didn't have to have any shots this appointment(but will with his 1 year checkup), but did have blood work done.  They were testing him for anemia and lead.  Dr. B called me a little while later and did tell me that Max's Hemoglobin was 10.5 and he wants it above 11 so he was calling in a multivitamin with iron and fluoride.
Cheking out his bandaide after having his finger pricked

No comments:

Post a Comment