Monday, August 8, 2011

Crazy Birthday Week

I am currently working on a few blogs for Max's birthday.  This one will focus on all the craziness leading up to Max's bday celebrations.

On Monday my mom and brother drove in from Michigan to spend the week with us.  This was great becaseu I put them both to work doing odds and ends for the party.  Mom even babysat Max a couple days because I still have to work.  Monday night when I got home from work Max was fussy and warm(100.8) temp.  He had his 6th tooth about to pop through so I chalked it up to that.  After tylenol and 2 hours his temp was now 102.8.  This was the highest it has even been.  Of course we had no motrin, so Kroger's at 10:30pm  in my pajama's(lounge capri pants and tshirt) was done.  I automatically thought his ears even though he has never had an ear infection.  I got out my otoscope and looked- they were fine, his throat was a little red but that was all. After a unrestful night I got up went into work and left at lunch to come home and get Max to take him to the Dr.  This was the day before his birthday.  The Dr agreed that the only thing that looked wrong was a slightly red throat, and he felt it was a virus.  Tuesday night Max's temp got up to 103.3 and I was up with him from 1-3:30am.  During this time we read, watched tv, went for a long car ride through the neighborhood, and even had a cool bath.  My poor brother was trying to sleep on a blow up mattress in the living room(our upstairs AC unit went out right before they came).  On Max's actual bday he was still sick but did better during the day, he just got the fever again at night.  He did mostly sleep through the night...good for mommy!

Friday I ran a million errons and acted like a mad woman trying to do most of the finishing touches for the party.  Max was back to himself.  We also fit in Max's 1year pictures with Kate Crafton. She also did his newborn and 4mo pics(she was on maternity leave for his 8mo pics).  I am amazed by her pictures!!  To view sweet baby Max's pics click here, the password is Lacey.  She really captured his personality!  Oh and ignore the sweat dripping down my forehead...

Sat was THE PARTY!!!  Well and Sunday was a day of rest...and cleaning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment