Saturday, April 2, 2011

Michigan trip

A few days after getting back from the city, Max and I hopped another plane to visit some of my family in Michigan.  Scott just had a week off of work so he couldn't take more time off.  My cousin Kelly had her first baby Feb 1st and I was so excited to go and meet him!  I was a bit nervous about flying alone with Max because Scott has become the baby whisperer when it comes to getting Max to sleep, and we all know a crying baby on a plane is no fun.


Max asleep in his carseat on the plane
Max did good!  A few screams but nothing major and the flight was a success!  However getting through security was a task!  I had Max, his diaper bag, carseat and stroller, and my pump.  Everything but Max and I had to go on the belt through the xray machine.  So I became the one handed wonder and got everything folded up and on the belt(including my shoes) and we didn't even have to be grooped, or scanned!  FYI- you can bring breastmilk through security as long as you go through the family line and let them know(they do some kind of test to make sure it won't explode...nothing major).

Once we arrived safely in MI, my uncle picked us up, and the visiting commenced.  Little Jack is sooo sweet!!  Jack and Max are 6 mo apart in age.  Kelly's bro and I were 2 days apart and were very close when we were younger.  I hope that even though they live hundreds of mils away they will still be close. 



 My mom drove down from northern MI and we stayed with her at a hotel for a couple nights.  We drove around a little and stopped in Hell(MI), for the needed tourist pics.  Now at one point in my life my dad lived just outside of Hell and when we stayed with him we cam to Hell all the time.  LOL it still cracks me up!  We also went to IKEA(yes I now have an obsession).  IKEA was a little rough on my mom due to her having to walk with crutches.  She broke part of her pelvis a few weeks before and is supposed ot be non weight bearing on her left leg.  They did have a wheel chair she could use but she was stubborn.




All together we had a great trip!!  I wish we lived closer so I could see Jack more often!

On a side note my mom did not have a safe drive home.  She rolled her car twice(thanks ice and snow).  She had an angel looking after her.  Her car was totaled and she walked away(after they helped her climb out the back of the car) with only a few scratches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment