Tuesday, September 28, 2010

8 weeks old!




Wow the time is flying! This past week went by with a blink of an eye. We had a very busy week, Scott a little more than me. It was homecoming week in Eagleville and with it being a k-12 school all grades participate. Mon and Wed Scott stayed out in Eagleville working on the 1st grade float for the parade. He didn't get home till about 7 on Mon and 9 on Wed. One reason he got home late on Wed was because he had to go pick up some meat from his stepdad. His mom and stepdad had some cows slaughtered and we split a small cow with them. I was shocked on how much meat we got, and we Scott wasn't able to get all of it either...more to come. We will be eating roasts, steaks, and burgers for a long time!
Tuesday and Thursday I went to work. My first days back since being put on bedrest a week and a half before Max was born. Scott is the one who drops off and picks up at the sitters, so I didn't have to do that, thank goodness! Scott had a really hard time leaving him and I had a really hard drive to work, but we survived! Cathy(Max's sitter) sent us a picture of Max and kept us up to date on how he was doing. She also keeps a journal everyday on Max that get's sent home. So we know when he ate, slept, diaper changes, and what they did through out the day. I love coming home to read how his day went! Max has done great so far. No problems for Cathy at all. I expected no less, little Max is a wonderful baby :)

Wed. I had to go back to see Dr. P for my after baby checkup. Everything is doing great and I am all clear!! Thursday was Scott's birthday, and this year it wasn't the big celebration it normally is. I worked so I didn't make him breakfast or come to his class for a bday party. He did pick Mexican for dinner so we had a late dinner there and I got him some super yummy cookies from Pheobe Smith.
Friday was homecoming so me and Max loaded up and went out to Eagleville to watch the parade. We met up with Judy, Alan, Madison Claire, and Andrew to watch the parade. They throw out candy so Andrew and MCK were in hog heaven! Max slept through the parade despite the band and fire trucks making noise.
That evening it was back to the school for the football game, oh the Eagle won by the way!!! We left almost at the end of the 3rd quarter because Max was starting to get a little fussy and it was going to be feeding time soon.
Sat evening we had a baby shower to go to for one of our friends so Max got to spend a little time with Aunt Jackie. They love to play! Sunday Scott and Max went to Church(I stayed home and slept)and then Sun. evening we went to the FFA alumni dinner where they work out the plans for Trivia night.

This weekend we also had some issues with Max's eating. He did great Thur evening and Friday but Sat he started giving me a lot of problems. He would eat for maybe 5-10min on one side and then start screaming bloody murder. He wouldn't even try to eat on the other side. The only way to calm him down was to rock him to sleep. He normally eats about 15 min on each side. I was very stressed by this, it is a horrible feeling when your baby won't eat and you don't know why and you can't do anything to fix it. I had some great comments on facebook, but I decided to give it a few more days to see how he did before I called the DR. I don't think he is sick because the only time he acted crazy was when eating. Sunday evening he ate ok. I went to work on Monday and he ate fine when I got home. However this afternoon he acted crazy again. I know he will eat if he is hungry and people have told me babies will act crazy occasionally. So let's just hope this phase ends soon!

We leave Sat morning for Panama City Beach! Soooo excited! Max's first trip to the beach, I hope he loves it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment