Sunday, August 22, 2010

sleep...who needs it


Well this past week has been pretty event less, well other than Max loosing his umbilical cord. I feel like my life revolves in 3 hour segments and every 3 hours everything starts back over again. I have been averaging 4 hours of sleep a night, and that is broke up into 1-1 1/2 hour blocks. Max likes to stay awake after his 3-4am feeding.....this has been very frustrating because at this point I have only had about 1-2 hours of sleep and am super grumpy. Scott is getting a little more sleep than me because I let him sleep while I am feeding Max, and Max usually eats for about 45 minutes. By the time Max has eaten, diaper is changed, he is soothed and basically back asleep it has been about 1 1/2 hours. We then have 1 1/2 hours till he wants to eat again. Another very frustrating part of me breastfeeding him is I can't feed him in the bed. That's all we could do when we came home from the hospital but now neither Max or I can get comfortable in the bed. So needless to say I have to get up and go sit in the living room to feed him. I'm not giving up yet though. Feeding him goes great during the day. Last night I changed up his feedings some by letting him fall asleep eating and not waking him at all and I actually got 6 hours of sleep! I know letting him fall asleep while eating isn't what you are supposed to do but I want some sleep!


As I mentioned Max lost his umbilical cord...well it fell off. Scott went to change his diaper and I hear him yell "Lacey, Lacey..." I go in there and his umbilical cord was laying on the changing table. Scott was grossed out, not really at the cord but what his belly button now looked like. It still had some goo in it. I told him it was normal and we threw away the cord and I cleaned his belly button. His belly button is now crusty and Scott is still a little grossed out but he is surviving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment