Monday, August 2, 2010

Real news!!!

Well today we got some real you can really believe it news. Max should be here by tomorrow!! I have been monitoring my blood pressure the last few days and it has been up quite a few times and then yesterday I started having contractions. The contractions were about every 15-20-30 minutes. Real irregular but there. I called Dr P last night and she said if they get to be every 10 min for 2 hours straight to go to hospital, if not see her as scheduled in the morning. I actually slept through the night and only woke up 4 times hurting with contractions.

Well I wanted a good breakfast this morning so we went to Cracker Barrel and I filled up on a great breakfast! Then off to the DR. Well my urine dip in the office today showed a lot of protein, it hasn't showed any protein yet in the office just my 24 hour urine. Dr. P also checked my amniotic fluid levels and they have decreased, meaning my blood pressure is effecting Max and putting him in some stress. I am dilated to a 1 but not where we were hoping to be. Well Dr P said the time has come. Now that Max is showing some signs of stress it is time for him to come. Dr P has me at 38 weeks and 4 days today.

So this is the plan. Because I ate my my great breakfast we are now home. I have to have noting to eat for 6 hours before going into the hospital. So we will be admitted at 4:30 this afternoon and they will apply cytotec to my cervix to ripen it and dilate it more. In the morning they will start pitocin to induce my labor. If my blood pressure stays in the 90's while in labor(the bottom number) Dr P will have to put me on Magnesium which will help lower my BP and hopefully prevent me from having severe complications related to high blood pressure(such as seizures). However Magnesium kinda counteracts the pitocin and if she has to start Magnesium she said I will end up with a c-section and my labor will not be fun. So lets hope my BP stays ok.

So basically until 4:30 I am not allowed to eat and am just hanging out at the house. I plan on attempting to take a nap- if I can't eat I might as well try to sleep :)

Oh and I lost another pound....leave fluid leave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment