Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tramatic Thursday!!

Well Thursday was Max's big day at the Dr's. He was getting his circumcision. Appointment went well. Max is now 6lb's 13oz's. His leaving hospital weight, the Dr was very happy about this. They go over all the risks of the circumcision before doing it and Scott signed the consent(I will always remind Max of this). One risk is bleeding, but with Max not having jaundice anymore no need to worry about this one. Well Dr Bigham uses the ring(the foreskin is cut and a ring with a string is left on and will eventually fall off). We had to wait about 30 min after the procedure because Max had a little bleeding, nothing major. The Dr said that if it did more then ooze call back. Well 3 hours later(4:45) I was pumping and Scott came in to change Max's diaper. I got up because I knew where the old blood was and wanted to see if there was any new blood. Well Scott opened the diaper and it was full of blood! He tried to wipe some of it up but said "I'm gonna pass out", so I quickly stopped pumping and told him to go sit down and I took over. As I cleaned more blood was coming out. Needless to say I called the office hoping someone would still be there, a few minute later I talked to the Dr and he said come on in. So we loaded up(Scott was a little slow and pale). I was going to drive even though I'm not supposed to but Scott said he could do it. We made it to the office and the Dr let me come in the room with them as they examined Max. The Dr ended up removing the ring and string from earlier so he could see where the bleeding was coming from. Once the source was found poor Max got the area cauterized with a stick and then gauze wrapped around his weewee. He did good during the whole thing(the sugar water helped), but his weewee looked pitiful. Scott did not join us for this, thats a good thing because it was pretty rough. I did diaper duty needless to say.

We went back to the Dr on Friday and they said everything looked good and he was healing well. No problems should occur...we will see. The Dr said in the last 13 years Max is only the 2nd baby to have had this problem. Well 2 is our magic number so it figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment